Monday, August 29, 2016

One Way

Picture this: I am driving with a friend and my sister. We cross the Canadian boarder into Buffalo. On unfamiliar streets, I am suddenly notified by another driver that we are travelling the wrong way, on a one way. A moment of panic followed by quick recovery and a turn off of the one way street save us from injury and possibly death by collision. For whatever reason, the road we were travelling on was not too busy and as I recall this experience, it is astounding to me that in the blink of an eye, another driver and I connected, long enough for me to be warned that I was misdirected, in danger and had to correct my course or else something catastrophic could happen. Do you have first hand knowledge of a similar near miss Dear Reader? Perhaps you have many a story to retell where what could have happened, didn't? How grateful were you, are you, for this escape with your life feeling? In my story, after the heart accelerating exit off of the one way street, I recall saying there were no signs, that the street was poorly marked, and my passengers agreed. This may or may not be true and yet, there is a niggling feeling inside of me that says regardless of the signage, I was the driver, I was responsible, I was going the wrong way on a one direction only street. Not only this, I had passengers that entrusted me with their safety and all those other drivers on the road, they depended on me and I on them, to follow directions, heed the rules of the road so that we didn't meet by accident, as the joke goes. Here is my point: I was going the wrong way, someone alerted me and I quickly reacted and miraculously, course corrected perhaps just in the nick of time, saving firstly myself and then many more from what could have been dire collision consequences. Grateful? Yes indeed, I was and am grateful because I live to tell this story. It is a metaphor for life, is it not Dear One? Are you travelling the wrong way on a one way? Are there signs that this is true? Have you been warned of imminent danger, the possibility of colliding with dire consequences and impacting your life and many others, if course correction is not made? What does it say on the cross roads signage above you? There is an actual sign that reads: Welcome to Accident...now who would want to live there by choice, can you tell me that?! There is a man, all man, who is God, all God, and He declared this, Dear One: John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jesus is the way Dear Reader, the way, the truth, the life. Meeting Him is no accident. Let Him help you course correct, keep you from colliding with consequences that may be untenable and ultimately and eternally, impossible to live with. The last sentence is heavy with meaning Dear One. Eternal life is in the balance. We either choose Him or we choose death. His way to truth, eternal life and our Father...Jesus Christ is a One Way Street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment