Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Touch of the Eternal

What gives you "a touch of the eternal"? I'm reading John C. Maxwell's book, The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth and I picked up this theme from his book. His question is "why do you do what you do?" In his book he speaks of gaps, the idea that where you are and where you want to be may be far apart. How come? I mean if this is the case for you, what answer(s) do you have for this great divide, this gap of you here and your dream being wayyyyyyy over there? Give yourself a five minute meditative gift and ask: does my day feel like an endless eternity, a trap of never ending sameness, a repeat OR is my day like a reaching forward, a swishing past the thin veil that separates the real from the surreal, a brushing shoulders with the heavenlies, the ones that see past the here and now into the great eternity of the beyond? I took myself to the other side in the later part of that picture question and I hope you did too. Here are the facts...money, it comes and goes and there is lots of it out there to be had. Time, well that's a whole different animal, it goes and never seems to come back. What you do, what I do with time, energy, interests is of supreme importance because it can and does shape the world we live in and the lives we touch or more poignantly, the lives we DON'T touch when the gap between where you are and where you want to be remains an abysmal chasm. Every person has a purpose, a job to do. Ultimately, we are all in a service industry and what I do for a living should be, could be, is, just that, I do it to live and to be advocate for others to live fully too. I get paid AFTER I speak life, share life and hope with another, this sharing of life is my "touch of the eternal", it stays with me long after the money I earned is spent. Loop time, why do you do what you do? What would a touch of the eternal look like in your life? Be bold now, how do you close the gap, build a bridge to the other side? Time is not on your side, tick tock, tick tock...what will you do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment