Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Storm

Storm...its night time and the storm outside my bedroom window threats to bust open my house and pull me out. I love the wild wonder of a lightning flashing, earth booming thunder storm and yet, the fear that it churns up and brings to the surface is consuming. Conflicted, I lie wondering and listening for the tell tale signs of tornado with every brilliant room filling with light flash accompanied by the loudest of thunderous percussion roars. The conflict was my pleasure mixed with fear. Storms lull me to sleep and when somewhat tame, they are a pleasure to witness. Life threatening, property destroying torrents on the other hand have me up praying for protection. Which leads me to this: we have so many choices to make in life, like what to eat, wear, how to spend our time and with whom and at the saddest end of this choice spectrum, we can even choose to end life, ours or another's. A false sense of control over circumstances and life makes us invincible and self contained, self directed and sadly, often self indulgent in our dillusional state. The power, wonder, awe of storm is a great teacher of humility, of being subject to forces far greater and beyond control than the mere whimsical imagination and strength man can conjure. The Equalizer, storm is like the story of Babel, look it up, it's in the Bible. The Storm says you are nothing, you are all subject to My deciding, My choice of keep, go, saved, lost and no one man woman or child is better than another and certainly none measure up to what I AM. I prayed last night, I begged in the storm wanting none to be maimed or lost. While I prayed, I asked God to stop the storm. The boom of thunder following my somewhat arrogant command had me bounce from fear, a reminder that He decided when, where, who, what, why for all things now and eternal. I am a glimmer, a flash, a quiet boom and I am because He first was, Thy will not mine Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment