Monday, April 7, 2014

Focus

Whatever you focus on is what you are going to get.  Now this can be a super scary thought or it can be a spectacular way of moving into the fast lane of life and getting over THERE, wherever there happens to be. Have you ever noticed that some people are trouble magnets with endless stories of mishaps and near misses and misunderstands and missteps, makes me think they are missing something or perhaps they are a moving pain target.  Sharing the stories, repeating them to all who will listen appears to amplify the target and the stories keep coming. I had a client many moons ago and during a training session, he held up two fingers.  I stopped talking and asked what he was doing, what did the two fingers mean?  He responded, "this is my signal for you that I have now heard a story twice, I'm going to hold up two fingers when you start repeating yourself".  This was an awesome lesson in self awareness for me and the impact I was having on those who politely listened to a repeat story, and those that were not willing to sacrifice time on redundancy, which brings me to my point:  How boring is a repeat of outcomes to you?  How interested are you in focusing on something new, life giving, enthralling, empowering?  Focus on what you want and chances are, that's what you are going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment