Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Act In Haste... Fools Rush In

I have had words of advice formerly known as wisdom imparted and taught generationally, rattling around in my mind, pinball machine like pinging and lighting up my brain. Here are just a few that perhaps you too, have heard? You may be mentally stimulated to add some of your own, and I would love to read them in comments, if you care to share: 
  • A stitch in time saves nine
  • A penny saved is a penny earned
  • Your worry doesn't mean I hurry (I think this is mine?)
  • Fools rush in where angels fear to tread
  • Your as soon as possible (asap) is not my emergency 
  • Waste not, want not
  • Act in haste, repent at leisure 
The way I see it, worldly "wisdom" passed down from father and mother to progeny, has left children deprived and thusly, depraved: we have witnessed this over a span of decades, and the decay is amplified currently to deafening volumes and blinding vulgarity. 

The demeaning of humanity has been accomplished in countless ways, and while I am inclined to point a finger in the direction of demonic forces as culprits, I have to say, those that prefer stupidity over wise instruction, are proving the point I want to drive home and secure: deny God, demand your own way, live frivolously as though you are the master of your own destiny, pervert yourself with wanton and reprehensible thoughts and behaviours, and you have established yourself as a fool. There is a better Way, but by God, few want to take it. Thankfully, the best resource in the world is finger tips away for those that want wisdom and understanding. We have access to the Word of God, and a remedy for utter idiocy. 

Proverbs 4:1-27
Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law. For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live. 

Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her. She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee. 

Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of they life shall be many.  I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths. When thou goest, they steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shall not stumble. 

Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life. Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence. But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble. 

My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee. Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. 

Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil. 

Scripture is the purest form of correction, in writing. God describes human thoughts and behaviours to a T, as the saying goes. Only petulant children refuse reprimand, and peril is their perpetual state of existence. I admit, I have been despairing lately, and that is not an acceptable state of mind for a Christian. Despair is a hopeless feeling and sucks the life right out of faith. The dim, the darkness, is palatable, and those that belong to God can sense and feel insidiousness lurking. 

I am reminded this early afternoon, that God's ways are not ours, and yet he wants them to be! What a delightful idea... truly, dear reader, I say to you, that the only time I ever feel out of this world fantastic, is when I am reading God's Word, or speaking to another believer. The shiny shiny becomes gloriously bright, my mind is illuminated, and I get a taste and glimpse of what awaits in heaven: pure, unadulterated joy! This is precisely why I want everyone to know Christ as Saviour: I want to share this feeling, and yet I cannot give it away, even though it is completely free. It isn't my job to convince anyone of a good thing... or the right Way. That is up to God, phew!

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works (Titus 2:11-14)

God is not slack in making himself known, and everyone has access to him. Dear reader, I don't ever want to be accused of being slack either, and so, I will continue to share the Good News; I will continue to read The Book Of Wisdom and glean understanding; I will heed and help and hope for the salvation of souls. I will pray without ceasing, and I am really happy to be considered a part of the peculiar people God is purifying and mentioned in scripture, that is zealous for good works! 

Encouragement
Yay, Christian, carry on; don't stop now, God is with and for you, as the Abba Father of many. 

If you are not a Christian and have read to the end of this piece of writing, perhaps you could start a conversation with someone that professes and LIVES their faith, according to God's Word. Prayer is powerful, and God will provide what you need, when you ask:

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him (James 1:5)

4 comments:

  1. Here are a few of my favorites: "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem". "Don't give me the million reasons why something can't be done, just give me the one reason why it can". And "Your lack of planning does not necessarily constitute an emergency on my part". These are mainly ones I've used in my work environment. Your version of the last one works just as well.

    I agree, worldly wisdom passed down to our kids has been partly responsible for our moral societal decline. When our kids were young I had a close family member accuse me of brainwashing my kids. My response was always that she was absolutely correct but if I didn't, then someone else surely would. By the way, she is now a believer and has changed her views.

    In saying all of that I can attest to the fact that the more I hand it all over to God and not worry about what is going on in this crazy, demonically controlled world the more I am actually encouraged by all that is going on. It all points to the fact that God is sending His Son back here to take final control and His rightful authority whether you believe that is first in the Rapture of the church and His second coming, as I do, or just in His final return and judgment. It's all in His plan as it was from day one no matter what satan thinks he is in control of or what his feeble plans are. The justice part of me just can't wait to see him sent to his eternal living quarters in hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh your last line is so fab Bob, "eternal living quarters in hell"!

    I like that you were vindicated in "brainwashing" your kids and that the relative has come around to a godly approach to your indoctrination processes! It just goes to show, that we never know when someone will finally see the beauty of God's plan 💖

    Thanks for your contributions here, I always enjoy your sharing!

    Yours in Christ, LGB

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thank you for your continuous thought provoking blogs. I get a lot out of them. I love how they challenge my thought process. You have a way of saying things I've probably heard many times before in a way that makes me think and challenges me in a different way than what I'm used to.

    God bless you Linda for the ministry you have on this platform. I pray others get as much out of them as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GRIN Bob, iron sharpens iron!!! Thank-You for the blessings! I will always receive them from someone I know, that loves Jesus as much as I do!

    Hugs to you and our Lynn 💖

    ReplyDelete