Sunday, September 17, 2017

Hope

Hope springs eternal, does it not?
Hope seems like a sweet sentiment, does it not? It appears child like, appeals in its simplicity, and causes my left eyebrow to rise at the temple, in questioning wonder. Hope? Hope springs eternal? Does it, really?

What if I told you
What if I told you that it does for me? What if I said to you, that I have this crazy with me all of the time companion that I laugh at, because no matter what happens, no matter what I face, I have a little and sometimes universe big ever present ether like friend called, hope? I know, I know, in this world of chaos and turmoil, I have hope. 
  • Do you know me at all dear reader? 
  • Do you understand what I am about and who I am? 
  • Do you know yourself, understand what you are about and who you are?
Awakening to hope
If you didn't have hope, you wouldn't get up in the morning. If you didn't have hope, you would not try until you succeed. If you didn't have hope, you wouldn't have one more conversation with that kid of yours, or the estranged relative. If you didn't have hope, you would not try, one more time, to make pleasant conversation with the angry neighbour next door. If you didn't have hope, you wouldn't volunteer your time, give at the office, smile when you were in pain, comfort when it looks like nothing is going right for people you love.

Why bother, is the question, without hope? 
 
With hope
So you see dear reader, I am not the only one, am I? You have it too, is this true? With hope, dreams are dreamt and with hope, you try and try again. With hope, outcomes are possible and with hope, action is courageously taken. 

You and I, we must hope before we have. I write, not because I have all of the answers to life's questions-you must go to a Higher Up for that tall order to be filled. I write because I hope that we are working toward a better way of being with one another. 

You read, I assume, because you too, want a better way, you too, hope for what can be, which is often times, better than what was, and currently, is? I may be unique in my hopeful ways, but I don't think so, I think we all have a built in hope generator:

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease (Job 14:7)

Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant (Job 14:7-9) 

Built into you and me is a desire for renewal and hope is our scent of life giving water. You know you have this in you, admit it. 

Life isn't so bad, I hope you believe this too 

No comments:

Post a Comment