Friday, September 15, 2017

Dangerously Devil Soaked

Dangerously Devil Soaked

Fugue state
I am wondering dear reader, if you know the term fugue state, defined as: a rare psychiatric disorder characterized by reversible amnesia for personal identity, including memories, personality, and other identifying characteristics; a facet of dissociative amnesia. 

Focus in on dissociative amnesia and I will tell you that your dart has hit the bullseye of the writing your are reading

Soul Purpose
What, I ask you, has happened to make us so comfortable with dissociation, in forgetting that we are humans who need one another, depend upon one another and ultimately, live, breathe and exist for the soul (I spelt that correctly English majors) purpose of being in relationship with one another? 


Fugue State
If it, life, is not about people, about sharing, caring, and loving one another, then what, again I ask you, is the purpose of you and me taking up space in the strangeness of time? 

I breathed out there as I finished the last sentence, as the relief of what I was thinking and feeling spilled from my heart and onto a page, in a virtual world. Is this, too, a part of the fugue state I sense we are now living, where I spill from my guts what I want to scream in the world? I want to yell loudly, clearly, wake up, wake up, stop allowing the people in your life to slip past you, unknown, unappreciated, unloved

Unloved dear ones, how can this be, for you and me to not love? It is incomprehensible, which leads me to this...

Self-righteous striving
Our world is dangerously devil soaked. We have marinated in self serving self righteous striving and grinding and getting, and it comes at a price. There are lives that are lived, sadly alone and in wretchedness, because you and I didn't stop and take notice, that while we were getting for ourselves, we left behind the ones that needed us the most, that only wanted to be noticed and next, loved for who they are.

We are guilty
We are guilty, of heeding the devil and his demands upon us, and disassociating from what God has called us to, which is to selflessly love, to die to our own desires and demands, and to give to the ones He has generously, kindly, thoughtfully, mercifully, placed in our midst. 

Let there be a return of our memory to what matters, a reverse of our amnesia, and I beg, a remembering of what life is about

It is and always has been, about Love 

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love (1 John 4:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment