Friday, May 12, 2017

Evidence to the Contrary

Evidence to the Contrary

What do you believe?

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for (Hebrews 11:1-2).

Is the wisdom of the ages something you seek dear reader? What did they know that you and I have yet to learn? How willing are you to dive into the lives of those who successfully navigated every difficulty you now encounter? Does stumbling and falling, perpetually skinning your knees and scarring your heart appeal more? Do you pridefully cling to self solution or are you willing to humble yourself, avail yourself of the learning made so readily available to each of us?

As the solution, how are you doing?
Look all around you. Look into the eyes of those you love. Look into your own eyes, reflected in the mirror you get ready in front of before you start your day. What do you see there? Do troubles and difficulty cloud your vision? Does your mind wander to and fro in wild attempts to fix and solve and patch together broken relationship and unresolved difficulties? As the solution, how are you doing?

Calling out for help

Praying in faith
Do you call out for help or are you self sufficient? In your weakened state, how is that pride of yours helping you make it all better and shooing the troubles away? Faith is this: knowing that God is there when all evidence points to the contrary dear reader. When hell has broken loose in your life and you feel as though you have no where to turn, he whispers turn to me. He has promised his peace and presence to his faithful ones and it is then and only then that his power and might is revealed in the heart and actions of man. I go and do, after I believe and not a moment before. I act as though it already is which means God has the answer, the solution, the fix because I can't see around corners but he can. God sees around galaxies for goodness sakes! Who am I to limit The Visionary and the Resolution Maker? My evidence of God comes each time I pray in faith and he answers in astounding and unfathomable ways. When I look around me, there is evidence that believing is fool hardy and contrary to faith. I know better.

The ancients were commended for their certainty in Gods promises. Their hope was in him. Where dear reader, do you place yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment