Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Square Pegs

There was a TV show when I was growing up called Square Pegs. It was about adolescents who didn't fit the mold that adults were attempting to shove them into. Well now, ain't it funny that this theme is a never ending recycling of what was and is what was and is what was and is STOP. I'm not a square nor am I peg and this metaphor is simply fantastic because I have been fighting who I really am for far too long and what I see all around me is that everyone is in this fight of their life to hold it down, keep it together, push it away and hide what wants to bust right out of them. Teenagers and two year olds, they have it right I mean really, isn't NO one of the best words in our vocabulary and how about GET OUT OF MY ROOM for clearing around boundary issues? Guilt shame obligation yuck, how about those things (they feel like creepy dark shadowy spider web coated zombies hidden in the basement of the soul creatures)? Who wants to live life driven by these blackened and rotting sentiments? I am a joy filled God loving energetic wave of fun with a cool mix of charism and philosopher packaged nicely in platform shoes and short shorts. Oh so nice to be me. How about you? What wants to bust out of you, come out of hiding? Who do you say you are and how does it feel to say it? If you envision cobwebs and hear crickets in your head when you think of your life, perhaps it's time for something different, for the real you to come out splash like. You get to choose you know, because it's your life, how cool is that? Go be your wild and crazy self or your quiet and thoughtful self, go be who and what you were created for, it feels so good, you won't want to ever go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment