Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fauk Faulk

I belong to a tribe of seagulls. I signed up for a Leadership program that spans a ten month period and this is where I met my flock. Being a seagull has increased my awareness of seagull presence and behaviours. Seagulls love food, are curious and gregarious. When other birds occupy pond space, the seagulls are the ones that dip and play in the wind and water, squawking as they rise and drop, land for a brief second only to take off again, like drunken sky sailors with an adventous quirky flight pattern that only seagulls understand.They aren't the most serious of birds and their in your face do you care to share your French fries attitude could be unnerving if you don't understand them the way that other seagulls do. These birds are no holds barred, they are the ones that are laughing and playing, getting down to serious food gathering business when need be, always with an almost cocky attitude of you are going to share with me, right?  That's my flock, my people, my tribe. Sharing for us is caring, loving, being with, no holds or withholding is allowed as we fly, swoop, gather, disperse and purposefully reconnect, fauking all the way (that's seagull speak for how we communicate with one another) in the sky over houses, dancing for a beloved seagull, grieving for another, laughing and crying as we witness and see one another in our agony and glory, knowing, always knowing that invitation is not required, it is automatic and ever present for each memeber of the flock. To my tribe, my flock, fauk, fauk...translation...I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment