Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Sculpted

God put me in your life

"God didn't just put you in my life... He put me in yours" John Doan, coach, photographer, friend extraordinaire. These words flooded my heart at just the right moment. Have you experienced this dear reader, a gift, wrapped in love, handed generously, surprisingly, breathtakingly to you completely "out of the blue"? Its not my birthday but I do want to buy a commemorative cake and celebrate being loved, valued, thought of and told that I matter. This is what you crave too, isn't it dear reader? A delicious reminder of who you are to others, how you are perceived and maybe even, how their is a reciprocal relationship, a back and forth blessing?

God's pottery wheel

How are you being shaped?
"You and I and others are on God's pottery wheel... And we shape each other, right?" More words of wonder from my close friend, John Doan. The imagery has me thinking: what shape are you and I in dear reader? God has one design, and we can be seen and known to misguidedly misshape one another, isn't that so? But alas, it is in true friendship that we are not only shaped, we are sculpted, refined, given our definition and elegant qualities of craftsmanship. John Doan carefully took a chisel and added detail to this clay pot and because I trust him, because love is real and shared between us, I gratefully accept the new me that he is helping to reshape.

Admiring artistry

I have always admired artisans and their brilliant ability to capture imagination and create a masterpiece. We can do this too, dear reader. Each time we think of someone with fondness we have the option of taking out our verbal fountain pen, to deliver a message that ignites a flame in them that perhaps, had almost gone out for lack of fanning. Isn't it astounding how flames lick wood and colour the fire blue and yellow? This is what we can do for another, light a match to their wood-be-fire (no spelling error here), colouring them brightly.

Today I glow with appreciation for all my fire starter friends. They bless me and remind me that it is in Gods image we are created. We are on his potters wheel and because he wants us to be just like him, we too, shape one another... I am being molded in the image of Christ by God, through friends like John Doan.

It is a good life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment