Monday, May 28, 2018

Blindfolded

Blindfolded, temporarily
Have you ever been blindfolded? Not long ago, I participated in a game that required the players to be blindfolded. There is a significant measure of trust required for this exercise. 
If I agree to you blindfolding me, then it follows that I trust you will watch over me, keep me safe from harm as I attempt to navigate the world using my other than sight senses, relying on you as my guide. 

Not being able to see, temporarily, is quite manageable, but I have to tell you dear reader, that once the blindfold came off, I could see how very blind I had been. The blindfold helped me see that I was willing to lead people in the wrong direction as I held fast to my own misguided perception... the realization humbled me beyond belief, and I recall it now as a reminder to stay, humble.

And the chief priests and all the council sought for witness against Jesus to put him to death; and found none. For many bare false witness against him, but their witness agreed not together (Mark 14:55-56) 

In the quoted scripture, the chief priests and Sanhedrin sought for witness against Jesus to put him to death They found none, because Jesus was not only an innocent man, He was completely, sin free.  

And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands (Mark 14:65)  

Note they condemned Jesus, declaring him worthy of death, treating Him like a criminal: no evidence or trusted witness accounts required. Next, they spit on him, covered his face, taunting (buffet) him to prophesyand did strike him with their palms. The blindfolding of Jesus with the subsequent fist in face beatings accompanied by mockery is a despicable depiction. This "game" for the accusers and abusers, is horrific to imagine, and I am taken aback by the scene as it plays in my mind and hurts my heart. 

Do you suppose
Now dear reader, now is the moment you and I have come to. It is a moment of reckoning. Let us suppose that Jesus Christ is God, with all of His powers, with all of His omnipotence and all knowing abilities completely intact: 
  • Do you suppose a blindfold kept Him from seeing who was hitting Him? 
  • Do you suppose He did not know each one, each player in the game, prior to and during the event? And one more do you suppose... 
  • Do you suppose that if He had wanted to, as God, that He could have wiped the smirks off of those faces, and instantly annihilated His attackers, those cowards who could not look Him in the eye?
Blind rage is murderous 
Blindfolded to truth
The blindfold dear reader, it was for the accusers, the attackers. It protected them from looking into the face of the Perfect Man, our Perfect God, the Lamb that was slain for our sins. They could not look upon His countenance as they mortally wounded Innocence and Purity. We cannot sin when we look God directly in the eye. We cannot murder or wound when His eyes are on us and we feel his presence. It is impossible to face Him with our black souls when He turns His gaze in our direction. 

These men, they blindfolded themselves to Truth incarnate, so that they could satisfy their own evil desires. To kill God is impossible: for Him to give His life for Love is almost beyond impossible to comprehend and yet, this is exactly what He did, even for the ones who pummelled Him and nailed Him to a cross: those that repented, and ask for forgiveness, that is 

Blindly follow 
God pointed out to me that I am not blind, nor am I blindfolded. I see but I don't have to see everything, not like He does. My faith is not blind and yet, I would blindly follow Him wherever He might lead me. Jesus saw, He sees. Covering our eyes does not make Him go away.

Mosquito strength death blows
Perhaps you have blinders on? Perhaps you slipped them down, over your own eyes to keep the Truth out of sight? Maybe it is time you took a peek out from under them... maybe it is time for you to stop spitting in the face of God and trying to kill Him with your mosquito strength death blows? 

Forgive me dear reader, for my attack, we don't even know one another
 
My hope is that you do not turn a blind eye to what you are reading 
My hope is that you are unwilling to deny deity 
My hope is that you see and know the living God through Jesus 

That is my eternal hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment