Thursday, March 29, 2018

Delicious Taco Truth

Go ahead, believe:

For I have come down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day (John 6:38-40)

I have read the bible and now I am reading The Bible. Let us break this down for my clarity and yours, addressing verses 38-40 as our starting point:
  • Jesus came down from heaven
  • Not to do His own will
  • But the will of the Father that sent Him
  • The Father's will is that He, Jesus, should lose nothing of which He hath been given
  • He should raise it up again at the last day
  • The will of the Father, is that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life
  • He, the Son, will raise him up at the last day
The shell
This is how my brain works dear reader. I have to bite size everything to acquire the flavour of an idea, of a message. Jesus layers information like a taco. There is the shell, the container for the information to be held in. The shell in this taco is Jesus' statement For I have come down from heaven

This information is huge, no matter when it is delivered, whether in history as recorded in The Bible, or as you and I investigate the statement here and now. 
  • Can you say you came down from heaven? 
  • Have you ever heard anyone else make such a bold, unapologetic claim? 
This is a crunchy, delicious piece of intel, it is the bread on which the rest of the proclamation is built

A bed of lettuce
Lettuce, I mean let us, add a bed of lettuce to the bottom of our shell, a watery contrast to the crunchy outside. He came to do the will of the one who sent Him, from heaven. When we sprinkle in this truth, we start to see the build, that there is unison. There is will. Jesus has His own will, and He clearly states that He came from heaven to do the will of Someone else, the one who sent Him, the Father.

Forgive me dear reader, if I am stating the obvious to you, but listen well... we have will, free will. Jesus is speaking of coming from heaven, sent and will(ing) to do what is asked of Him. 
  • Can you make the same claim? 
  • Are you will(ing) to submit to the will of the One who sent Jesus?
The meat of the matter
I like to add spicy hamburger next, and here is the meat of the matter dear one. Jesus came from heaven because He was given to from the Father: this is a reference to souls saved:

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God (John 1:11-13)

He came from heaven so that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing. He came on a mission and His statement, in our vernacular, sounds something like this:

I came from my position in heaven, giving my self up to the will of another, to go to the place where people get lost, caught up in their own will, and making quite the mess of things. But you know what, I didn't have to do it, I wanted to do it: so I did. You can believe me, or not, but the ones that were given to me cannot help themselves (and they know this). They are mine, and they will be raised up on the last day: they will be raised up from death

The final verse
Dear reader, we must now go to the final verse in our mini study, and it is the cheddar, hot sauce, and toppings, that make a well built taco so mouth wateringly delicious. Jesus seems to be almost subtle after stating He came from heaven; that He is doing the will of the one who sent Him; that none He has been given will He lose, and that He will raise them up on the last day. Jesus delivers an unmistakably clear message in verse 40 above:
  • His Father is the God of heaven
  • His Father has a will
  • He is His Father's Son
  • Everyone who looks to the Father's Son and believeth on him, will have eternal life
Raised up at the last day

Look at the way this message is delivered, dear one. God gives a message, then He gives it again, without leaving anything to the imagination. What could be more clear than this? The first taco tasted so good, it tasted like I-want-another-please. 

He makes it super easy for us
God leaves nothing to chance. He puts all of the ingredients in front of us and we get to think, feel, acknowledge, piece and layer it all together, and when we get the combo out of order, He makes it super easy for us. He hands us the finished product and says here you go, stop struggling, just eat.

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out (John 6:35-37)

Layers, dear reader, delicious layers ...




No comments:

Post a Comment