Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Words & Meanings

Conveying meaning

Words from thoughts conveying messages

Black ink letters appear on white magically. From keyboard taps to words from thoughts, conveying messages...not perfectly, no where near perfectly. The longing in each of us is to be understood. Can you understand me as you read, do you know what is lodged in my heart?

A soulful union

Hidden in words are meanings and it is much like code, we decipher from feeling. If I move you with words, black markings on white, it is a soulful union we have, you and I. We may not agree, there may be misunderstanding but there is a connection, tangible yet impossible to touch let alone capture, with hands. We move one another, don't we dear reader?

Pain drops us to our knees, sometimes down upon our face

Pain is a great mover, it helps us attempt to describe what feels so real that it hurts. Pain drops us to our knees, sometimes down upon our face because we do not know what to do with it. It does not go away with thinking, hoping, waiting, wishing-it becomes captor, holding us hostage. It is pain that drives us to seek relief, answers, solution, something to do to make everything return to right again.

Asking for help out of vulnerable need is learned

Can you feel me while you read these strange black markings on white dear reader? Do you understand my pain because you too have felt its grip? Suffering in silence, solo wound licking, this I have done. Asking for help out of vulnerable need, this I have learned. Trusting that others feel what I feel, have experienced what I am going through brings some strange solace. It is in the understanding and being understood that hearts meet and meld, yielding to the compassion we feel for others who are walking the same path or have in their past.

Here and now I have a quiet

My words, they are imperfect, sometimes they hide thinly veiled anger, my disappointment and hurt when injustice reins and humans suffer. Sometimes my joy is so abundant that it is uncontainable, it spills from me unstoppable... how to express this perfectly would be wonderful and yet, I have not the words. Here and now, I have a quiet, a still. I have written and in the writing, a part of me has been transposed, fixed in time and space. I'm right here for right now and somehow, this is going to have to be okay.

Thanks for reading this-it is your gift to me and I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment