Friday, March 11, 2016

Coveting

Have you coveted, Dear Reader? You know, looked at what someone else has and wanted it for yourself? How about adored, have you fallen into this trap? Seeing another, admiring them so and finding them irrisitibly and magically equipped with all the qualities you desperately wished you possessed. Wanting, wanton, you worship at the alter of another. This supplanting of you and superimposing of other onto your psyche can be consuming. You are starter material for their fire, the newspaper and kindling required to cause a blaze. Look around you. People are being worshiped everywhere your eyes land. Scan in all directions and you will not have to go too far to see that we, as a people are heightening in this thing called covetousness. I take a shallow breath as I type, grieved at what is manifesting in this world. There is a man, a public figure who is running for the presidency of the United States of America. I will not type his name in this writing as a statement, a point of principal. He is a human being and I have been inclined to feelings of hate toward him and this too, is grievous for me, a Christ follower. I am too pray for my enemies and God help me, He has been whispering in my ear, to my heart, my spirit, mercy. I am to show mercy. The man I am thinking of, the followers who nod and agree and perpetuate his brand of covetousness, they are the lost, human evidence of idol worship. The love of money; the might is right entitlement logic; the greed that bloats and enflames arrogance; the idea that by his own hand he has built an empire. My soul cries out in despair, seeing the Godlessness of the front and centre mockery of the image of God displayed through a thoughtless self serving man. I am instructed to pray for my enemies, to have mercy in my heart for them for they know not what they do. I am forgiven by the grace of God and I want so much for others to feel and know His saving grace. We approach Easter and I weep picturing Christ, substitutionally dying on the cross for all sin, past and present. My sin, you ask, Dear Reader? Judging a man who is outside of the family of God because he has yet to know Him. Hating rather than praying for a mans soul, a lost human who knows not that his day of accounting and reckoning before God Almighty draws near. I end with this, Our Father, who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Lord, Thine is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory, forever and ever. In the name of Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment