Monday, October 15, 2018

Someone

 Never feel alone
Do you know someone who is this to you, dear reader?
A salve, a balm, a hand that holds, a voice that soothes… 

Is someone this to you, dear one?
A reminder, a call to greatness, a gentle push in the right direction...

How about?
A call to arms, an inspiration, a revelation...

Lastly, is there someone who?
Lights the path, salts your soul, undeniably, irrevocably, faithfully, stands sentinel, never leaving your side...

The me that is supposed to be

I know Someone like this, and because I know Him, He has placed many someones just like Him, in my life. 
     
     When I am hurt, they are a salve and balm, healing agents to my wounded brokenness. They hold my hand and speak soothingly, comforting me when I need a kind touch and sweet words.
     When I need to recall who I am and why I am here, they remind me, calling me to my greatness, the me that is supposed to be. With a gentle push, I again travel in the right direction.
     When it is time to fight the good fight, I am called to arms, to equipping. Inspired words of revealed truth have me clothing myself: the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the shoes of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit. I become battle ready.

Lastly dear one, lastly... we need light, don't we, to see the path we are on? We need salt too, so that we do not lose our strength, or our flavour for life? And God knows, we, you and I, need this more than ever, Someone to stand sentinel, guarding us, lovingly by our side, forever and always, come what may? 

Someone watching, loving, waiting

I know Someone just like this, and you can too. I know many someones just like this, and you can too. We are never alone, even when we choose to be. There is always Someone watching, loving, waiting for you and for me, to see and accept their glorious gift of grace. 

Jesus is Someone, the Someone. You can know Him, like I do, and never feel alone again. 
     





No comments:

Post a Comment